doktilaok

A virtual venue for all our chicken talk.

Welcome...




...to an interactive source of practical gamebird management and health programs!

...Slideshow ...

Necropsy

Necropsy is the examination of a carcass and is a very useful tool used by veterinarians in determining the flock's state of health.

Usually, when I am invited by a gamebird farm to check on the health status of their farm. I perform this procedure in order for us to give the best assessment.

I request a healthy looking non-breeder pullet, with the age ranging from 1 to 2 months. The reason we


request for a healthy bird is so that we can validate if they are truly healthy.

Often times, you will be given a very healthy looking pullet, but once you start checking the different body systems you will see alot of problems.

The results of my findings during the necropsy procedure would determine the vaccination and medication programs that will be implemented by the farm.



Copyright © DokTilaok

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

                                     
Copyright 2009 © Doktilaok All Rights Reserved : Template Modified and Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates